
On April 6th we closed on our house! Since we had to do some renovations we couldn't move in right away. Since that day Doug has been working so hard to get it ready. He has had lots of help from his dad. Other family members have come over to help as well. I had told him that I wanted to move in by May 1st. Well that was when our closing was scheduled for March 31st. Since we lost a week in closing, I expected to postpone the move by at least a week. However, that lovely husband of mine made it possible. Everything was moved out of the storage on May 1st and we are sleeping over tonight - May 2nd! It's really hard to believe and I'm wondering if it will feel like I'm sleeping in a foreign place. There is still plenty of work to be done but the main level is livable. My work commute is increasing significantly but I hope it will be worth it.
Update (5/29): So I finally got around to uploading some pictures. The picture above shows the outside of the house after my father "trimmed" the shrubs. I asked him to cut them down some more and the picture below is what we got. LOL No more greenery but at least you can see the house. I'm really loving it! It feels like home. I'm still working on perfecting the inside to make it "just right".

Congratulations on your move into your new home. God bless my nephew for making it happen. It sounds like May 1 was a big day for you. I have read every single entry you've shared, and I'm so excited for the birth. You would think it was my grandbaby :-). I will be in AL from approximately June 11th night until June 15th or so. Having the baby during that time, maybe 9 days early on my birthday, would be nice. I hope to see you then.
ReplyDelete