Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Our First Sign

Khalil has learned how to sign "milk" in sign language. It's really cute and can be confused with "bye-bye". But if no one is leaving you can bet that he is asking for milk. Yesterday I was trying to fed him a snack. He kept spitting it out which surprised me. And then it happened he started signing "milk" repeatedly. He has done it a few times before this but this time I was able to catch it on video! I gave him his bottle. After drinking some he threw it over his head and started signing "milk" again. So I got out the camera and this is what happened...


Later on when I interrupted his milk drinking to change his diaper. I laid him on the bed and he started signing it again. Of course we had to go get it so he could drink it while he got his diaper changed. I have been pretty consistent with the sign "milk". Now that he has picked it up I'll have to start being consistent with other signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment