Monday, June 28, 2010

Weight Check

Khalil went for a weight check today. Dr. Webster said he should be back up to his birth weight by two weeks old. That would be 5lb 9oz. On average babies gain .5 oz daily. Well my little rocket weighed 7lbs today!! This means that he gain 1.5oz each day. Dr. Webster was singing my breast milk factory praises.  She came in the room singing literally, "It's working, it's working, the breast milk is working." All I could do was LOL. Just two weeks ago I was asking questions about this process and if I was doing it right. Well now I know. I'm doing it and doing it right. Of course when I go back to work we will have a new problem but I can worry about that when I get to it.

He's such a sweet kid. We ventured to Wal-Mart and JcPenney today after the the doctors office. I had anxiety about going out alone with him. Luckily my Mom and Lorynn showed up and went with me. But he ended up sleeping just about the whole entire time. If he's going to do that I can probably handle it. I must say that my purse, diaper bag, and car seat were all too heavy for me to carry alone. I'm going to do some combining next time.


These days Khalil is still doing the same old sleeping and eating routine. I wake him up about every 2 to 3 hours to eat if he's asleep during the day. And we get longer stretches, 4 to 5 hours, at night. He is pretty consistent with this schedule with slight variations depending on the length of the nap. He does pretty good sleeping in his bassinet. However there have been occasions that he kicks and squirms to get out of there. One night he did this was the night he was struggling with gas. Although we got him some gas relief drops to help he wanted to sleep on Mommy/Daddy. I must say we gave in and let him sleep with us. I mean that seemed to be the only way we were all gonna get some sleep.

I put Khalil on his play mat today and he actually stayed for a while without crying. He was a little cranky at first but he eventually settled in to it. He can't reach any of the toys so I can understand his frustration but it was singing nicely :-). Dad came over and played with him a little bit. He concluded that he prefers to be on his belly not his back.

As far as my weight is concerned I have lost 17 of the 28 pounds I gained. I plan to start a workout routine soon.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are settling into motherhood. I am so excited for you that Khalil is doing well with breast milk. Hopefully, I will do as well as you are doing.

    That is awesome about the weight loss! I hope mine comes off that easily. Keep the updates coming. I love knowing what to expect. I am sure I am about to have a million and one questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ this picture of our father. Can we not do any better than this?

    ReplyDelete