Tuesday, December 28, 2010

White Christmas 2010

Khalil went to bed Christmas Eve with a fever. I was hoping he would wake up fever free but he didn't. When he woke up it was 102 so I knew we were going to need to make some Christmas day adjustments. Doug and I opened gifts with Khalil and he was soon ready for a nap. Normally I go to my mom's for breakfast and open gifts. But we woke up to snow! Who would have thought we'd have a white Christmas; so much for "dreaming". Since he had a fever and it was so cold outside, my dad brought my breakfast to me. The advantage of living 8 miles away. Doug went to his parents' house and Khalil and I stayed home. After Doug got back we went to my mom's to exchange gifts. Then we drove across town to Doug's grandparents. Lastly we drove to my grandmother's house. It was a long day for Khalil and he missed his bed time. He wasn't feeling his best and was cranky and feverish all day. I felt pretty bad for him. And he looked so pitiful. Not a great way to spend Christmas but the good thing is that he won't remember it. He got several toys including, Around We Go, Step Start Walk 'n Ride, Busy Ball Popper, Musical Drum (all made by Playskool). He also got some 9 month clothes especially onesie pajamas. I felt very good because we didn't go over board, which is important to me since he is so young and won't remember this Christmas. Today is Tuesday, Christmas was Saturday and he is actually still feverish today. I believe he is starting to teethe in addition to a cold. The combination doesn't make a happy baby. Fortunately, I'm home this week to take care of him. He is having some clingy lathargic days. I pray they will end soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment