Friday, November 27, 2009

Testing the Old Wives Tale

On Thanksgiving Day we gathered at my aunt's house. I decided to have my aunt do the pendant test to determine the gender of my baby. There are lots of old wives (wise) tales about determining gender, but this is one that my family uses often. It has proven to be pretty accuarate. According to the tale, if you hold a pendant above your wrist you can get the birth order of all of your children. If you're pregnant and hold it in front of your belly it will tell you the gender of the child you are carrying. So here's a link I found that has lots of old wives tales on it. So the results of the pendent was that I'm having a girl. Based on some of the other tales on the website I'm having a girl too. I've been eating more sweets, acne is a big problem now, and our baby's heart rate was over 140. Plus everyone keeps telling us they think it's going to be a girl as well. So as you see all of my signs are pointing to a G-I-R-L. In time we will see. We should find out in January. Here is the video of us doing the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment