Sunday, August 1, 2010

29 Years Young!

Yesterday, July 31st was my birthday. I turned 29. I'm right next door to 30. My in-laws asked if they could babysit while Doug and I went out for my birthday. When they asked, at the time I had not planned to do anything. I knew I was going to church and dinner afterwards but that was about it. So I went on the search for something to do and came up with - Sips 'N Strokes. I had never been and my best friend, Meshia, had been several times without me. So we decided to go. The class lasts from 7pm-10pm. This meant I would have to leave Khalil for about 4 hours. I had never left him for that long before. Plus I knew that I would miss a feeding. After lunch at Stix we came back home to prepare and I started to feel a little nervous about being gone for so long. I mean I know I have to do it eventually. So I kept telling myself that this was a baby step for when I go back to work. I believe I was really good while I was gone. I only texted twice to see what he was doing and he was sleep both times. I actually put him down for a nap before I left and he slept the entire time. He woke up shortly after I got back. It was almost as if he was waiting for me. Actually, his naps had been interrupted all day long. He had not had his normal two hour nap all day. I guess he was making up for lost time. He slept for 5 hours. Woke up to eat around 11pm and then went back to sleep til 2am when he work up to eat again. He then returned to sleep until 6am. Ate. And then went back to sleep until 10am. I guess he was truly exhausted because he didn't even attempt to give me playtime in between. In the end I had a great time on my birthday and I was glad I went out. My mom bought me a rocking chair for my porch. Now Khalil and I can porch sit! Exciting.
Us - me, Doug, & Khalil

The A Team - Aarron, Ashley, Avion, & Aysia
Jaimee & Dad
 Mother, Lorynn, Mom, and Jaimee
Sips 'N Strokes - Our finished products: Greg, Meshia, me, Doug, & Jaimee

Me in my rocking chair.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I love the cute pics of your family! I hope your day was great!

    ReplyDelete