Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bottles and Gas

Since I am breastfeeding, Khalil doesn't eat from a bottle often. However, there have been two nights that I decided I needed some rest and I would let Doug do the late night feeding. Well, both nights he gulped down 4 to 5 ounces of breastmilk and got a gassy stomach. This of course led to him wailing and whining nonstop. Doug brought him to me at 3:30am both times so that he could go to sleep. This happened with my "Oh so fabulous" Tommee Tippee bottles. They are supposed to be #1 in Great Britain and are only sold at Babies R Us here in America. The nipple is shaped like the breast and they have this little special part to keep air and gas out. Well it's apparently not working. So I'm on the hunt for a new bottle. I have heard good things about Avent, Dr. Brown, and Playtex Drop-Ins. Over the next month we will be testing them out so that when I go back to work we will have this problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment